Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:25:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chern Lee <chern@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Heads Up: Recent Handbook Changes

At Murray and Nik's Request I've moved around a lot of the content in the
Handbook.

   * Renamed Disks chapter to "Storage"
   * Moved BIOS Drive Numbering and Drive Naming to Install chapter
   * Moved Mounting and Unmounting Filesystems to Basics chapter
   * Update Storage chapter sypnosis to reflect changes
   * Change title of "Disk Quotas" to "File System Quotas"
   * Created new RAID section with Soft/Hard subsections
   * Moved ccd section into Soft RAID
   * Create to-be completed vinum sub-section of Soft RAID
   * Moved Backup Programs, Backup Media, and Floppy Backup sections
     from Backups chapter into Storage
   * Removed backups chapter from book.sgml, Makefile, and chapters.ent
   * Moved section on Programming I18N Compliant Applications to
     Developers Handbook.
   * Rename Advanced Topics to Compiling I8N Programs

The bottom-line: the Backups chapter content is elsewhere now; http links
to it, or links to it from other documents will no longer work.

- chern