Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:53:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      jlido@vt.edu (Jon Lido)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Desperately needed JDK help

I have a critical need to have a working JDK.  I wouldn't bother this
group with this problem otherwise.

While I'm certain the problem is not with my code, as the code runs
fine on Solaris.  I am not, however, certain of the JDK port on
Freefall, or of my installation of it.  I'm running 3.0-971024-SNAP.

Java seems to choke on socket calls.  I get the following output:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: setScopePermission
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.<clinit>(PlainSocketImpl.java:44)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:48)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:69)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:58)
        at ServerProtocol.<init>(ServerProtocol.java:33)
        at ServerProtocol.<init>(ServerProtocol.java:42)
        at Server.<init>(Server.java:19)
        at Server.main(Server.java:28)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: socketCreate
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.create(PlainSocketImpl.java:55)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:76)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:58)
        at ServerProtocol.<init>(ServerProtocol.java:33)
        at ServerProtocol.<init>(ServerProtocol.java:42)
        at Server.<init>(Server.java:19)
        at Server.main(Server.java:28)

I am able to use javac to compile the code, which leads me to believe
that I have all my environment variables set correctly.

Has anyone successfully used sockets with the jdk102.11-26 package?

Thanks!

Jon Lido