Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:57:04 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   m4p conversion to mp4?

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

This is probably painfully obvious, but I can't find it in the ports
with a search or through google.

I recently acquired an iPod Shuffle, and am enjoying it thoroughly.
Unfortunately, I also acquired a gift card for the iTunes store, so I
thought it would be better to get a copy of "Bohemian Rhapsody"
through the store rather than go buy the CO.  I'm not a big enough fan
to listen to "Radio GaGa" if I don't have to.

Anyway, I learned something disturbing.  They give you the music you
buy in m4p format, which is an mp4 format protected by an MD5
derivative.  I think.

Normally I wouldn't really care, except I can't play this (and other
iTunes downloads) on my FreeBSD (5.4 RELEASE-p4) box.  Just the
Windoze box and the Shuffle.  Rhythmbox won't play it, and xmms won't
even play mp4 (it complains about an undefined reference or
something).

A quick search on Google provided enough to assure me that converting
this file to mp4 is possible, but nothing definitive has turned up.

Is there a port that can convert this file format to mp4?  If so, are
there any special build parameters required?

TIA
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
Please send off-list email to:         leblanc at keyslapper d.t net
Key fingerprint =3D C5E7 4762 F071 CE3B ED51  4FB8 AF85 A2FE 80C8 D9A2

prairies, n.:
  Vast plains covered by treeless forests.

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--