Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:45:22 +0000
From:      "ZaiD Dashti" <zaiddashti@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DNS problem

hello

i have a problem with my DNS server.

first, i have a registered domain name and i want to change its NS server to
my server to host it in my home (just for learning about DNS)

second (the problem), when i use nslookup from another computers in my local
network, the dns
server works fine, but when external connection (internet connection, let
say my friend connection) tryies to use my dns server, i got error message
"DNS request timed out", why ? and how to solve it ?

NOTE: i have an ADSL account, which mean i'm using a router to connect to
the internet, and i'm redirection all ports from the external connections to
my machine ip, so that i'm able to open a server or to connect to my machine
from anywhere.

thanks