Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:11:28 -0700
From:      "Jack Velte" <jackv@earthling.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: copyright

copyright 1998 loribeth merril.  removal of notice prohibited.  $10k if of
use.  revision prohibited.  trademarks implied.  resistance is futile.

>Genuine
>advocacy, which doesn't trouble itself with license issues or anything
>which isn't immediately germin to what the product actually DOES, is
>still alive and well here in FreeBSD and definitely represents the
>direction we need to be going in.

* some box makers to ship a freebsd version.  i sure know i would spec that
one Any time over some jury rigged thing.  it would be a dream.  i would
value it at $1000.  my one other sample said $200 on a $4000 system, easy.

then get magazines to review the box, with a standard application suite.  i
always thought PC mag was relatively honest, except when they weren't.  so
there hasn't been any kind of really easy or useful freebsd because it
didn't have the business applications.  we need a deal on the Corel office
suite.  how many people use the linux version?  anyone?

* 100% functioning Corel office suite.

* html page for project management.

simple window into editable buffer, but not deletable?  some columns like
department pr, sales, marketing, all the os parts.  maybe people won't
invest the same work duplicating each other's work.  some time columns.

* a html page for voting.  projects could be rated on lots of parameters for
the developers to get feedback about what they're working on.  these should
also be user supplied questions, then a moving 3d chart of the votes over
time.

-jack