Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:30:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's the deal with cc? *CRAP*

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, John Polstra wrote:

> > > Well, the man page is not bvery useful,
>
> It's true, the section on the refuse files needs some fleshing out
> and some examples.  But hey, given that you're the guy who can
> churn out thousands of words a day here in these lists, why don't
> you write something up and send it to me? ;-)

Just as a small footnote, last time I re-indexed the
freebsd-hackers mailing list, "terry" and "lambert" gained
stopword status.

[For people not familiar with text databases, that means the word
occurs so frequently it ceases to be useful in a query to
discriminate between documents.  Now, I should also qualify that
the automatic stopword handling in freewais-sf is bogus because
when something becomes a stopword should be keyed to the total
number of documents in the databes, but freewais-sf had a
hardwired threshold of 20,000 occurances.  I have since boosted
that limit to a more reasonable level for the size of the mailing
list so Terry is no longer a stopword.  But still, 20,000
occurances in the hackers list alone is an accomplishment!]

-john