Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:29:48 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interest in a linux_crossdev port?

Eric L. Hernes stands accused of saying:

> >My biggest worry at the moment is that the shared-library differences
> >between the linux_lib kit and this will break something.
> >

> That's pretty easy to fix, the linux_lib has been due for
> a little upgrade for way too long.  Last time I looked into
> it, my machine had way too much experimental crap to test it :(
> I think I'm in a position now to do it a little better justice.

Well, now there's a suggestion.  How about I send you my 'unpack the
slackware dev stuff' script and some notes on the process?  I'm not
trying to cop out here, but it would let you consolidate the two.

I'd also be inclined to put a /bin/bash in the linux_lib package, so
that a user could invoke a Linux shell and thus get Linux binaries by
preference over FreeBSD ones.  (This avoids changing your path and then
when you come back to the xterm a day or two later wondering why nothing
works! 8)

--
]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@gsoft.com.au.au          [[