Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 00:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/37725: mutt-devel screws up colors when compiled with SLANG (default)

The following reply was made to PR ports/37725; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 03:18:45 -0400

 On Saturday 04 May 2002 01:20, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
 >  > Have you set the COLORTERM=3Dyes and COLORFGBG=3Dcolor,color env var=
 s that
 >  > SLANG needs?
 >
 >  no, but... then i argue that SLANG is broken, because if you set
 >  TERM to a color-enabled terminal type, it tries to produce some
 >  totally screwed-up colors.

 It's been a long time since I tried it with ncurses. But I seem to recall=
  it=20
 was both screen misdrawing and key mapping problems. This of course may b=
 e=20
 fixed by now.

 I'll try it out again rather than rely on old and possibly faulty memory=20
 (mine, not the computer's).
 --=20
 AlanE