Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:52:12 -0800
From:      larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mount /cdrom

Hi this is my uname -a inf-
freeBSD 2.2.7 RELEASE#0 thu nov 19 23:39:47
pst 1998 ROOT@Seeker.my.domain:/usr/src/sys/
compile/SEEKER i386
I need to know what to have in my /etc/fstab file
to mount my /cdrom and what to type exactly for
results every time i try mount /cdrom this is what
comes back
mount /dev/wcd0c
mount:/cdrom:No such file or directory
mount /cdrom
mount: /cdrom:No such file or directory
1) what am i doing wrong.
2) please "step by step" how and what to put in
the proper file so i can mount my cdrom and
get a windows manager of my cdrom set.
3) I didnt install the ports directory when i installed
this freeBSD box could you show me "exactly
what to type at the root prompt to make a ports
directory and then use my freeBSd 2.2.7 cdrom set
to install the netscape and the fvwm programs.

         Thank you in advance