Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:26:07 +0300 (EAT)
From:      Patrick <patrick@eahd.or.ug>
To:        <scanner@jurai.net>
Cc:        Daniel Harris <dannyboy@worksforfood.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: postfix && Maildir

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 scanner@jurai.net wrote:

> suckier Maildir performs. It's *alot* easier to deal with one large file
> then a directory with tons of smaller files. Especially for searching. So
> basically if you never go above a handfull of mail it won't matter to
> much. But the more you throw at Maildir the worse it gets.
Well, for starters, I am not planning on having that much mail but so that
this can scale...

What about if I had say 100 or so directories with about 100
subdirectories each with a max number of files per directory so that each
directory does not get more than a certain number of files in it?

Patrick.