Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:36:44 +0100
From:      Andrea Bittau <a.bittau@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   HDA sound driver mod for thinkpad x60s

this is an ultra crude mod of Stephane's hdac driver.  It allows me to play
music [and change the volume; w00t!] on my ibm x60s laptop.  I posted it in case
anyone wanted a 0day sound driver for this laptop without having to wait until a
stable and proper version comes out.

Doesn't support recording.  I'll probably do that next if no one writes
something in the near future.

Stephane: if you are interested in me helping out with the "mainstream" driver,
let me know.  My time is very limited [you can tell by reading the code] but I
have all the info I need about this card in my head now, so I might be able to
produce something useful.

[I'm not subscribed to the list---email me directly if you need to contact me.]

Driver:
fetch http://darkircop.org/hdac.tgz
tar zxvf hdac.tgz
cd dev