Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:13:35 -0700
From:      "Broderick Wood" <bwood@KingsU.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is the list server refusing my messages?

In the headers you sent you also had a space between the b and the s in
freebsd...

> On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 06:40:58PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
>
> > 	The FreeBSD list server has started refusing my messages with the
> > 	following error:
> >
> > Nov 18 18:28:04 grizzly sendmail[17925]: AA131935087:
> > to=freebsd-questions@freeb sd.org, delay=00:43:17, stat=Deferred:
> > <grizzly.fas.com>: Host not found, mailer =tcp, MX
> > host=hub.freebsd.org., address=[204.216.27.18]
> >
> > 	A word about my setup, which has not changed in a long time. I have
> > a 	FreeeBSD machine conected to a cablemodem. I use this machine as
> > a 	gateway to masquerade all of my internal mchines. The loca domain
> > is 	"fas.com" The machine I use to send mail is called grizzly. But
> > I have 	this machine set up so that the return address is one of my
> > IPS's 	(awod.com). I then use fetchmail to retrieve these messages.
> >
> > 	Works great, execpt now the FreeBSD mail machine is upset about it
> > :-(
> >
> > 	Any sugestions appreciated.
>
> Not only do you have to masquerade your email headers, you also have
> to masquerade your envelope so that your internal machine's FQDN isn't
> seen by the receiving MTA. hub.freebsd.org is *very* picky about all
> the domain-names it sees. The way I got around this was to have in my
> m4 macro files:
>
>  MASQUERADE_AS(logisticsoftware.co.nz)
>  FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
>
> Jonathan Chen

---------------------------
-BMW-

To soar like an eagle,
fly like a dove.

(bwood@kingsu.ab.ca)
Broderick Wood,
Director of Information Technology Services
The King's University College
9125 - 50 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T6B 2H3