Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2001 23:34:03 -0700
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libdvdread 0.8.0 bug in port?

On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 at 23:10:44 -0700, Andrew Stuart wrote:
> I am trying to compile/install /usr/ports/graphics/libdvdread
> unfortantly, i am not having much luck.
>
> The system(s) are 4.3-Stable of various dates, and a fresh cvsup
> from anyway between an hour and 4-5 hours ago.
>

> here is the error i get.
>
> gmake[2]: Entering directory
> `/usr/ports/graphics/libdvdread/work/libdvdread-0.8.0/dvdread'
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
> -Wall -Werror -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -pipe -march=pentiumpro -O2
> -mcpu=i386 -c dvd_reader.c
> ../libtool: Can't open ../libtool: No such file or directory
> gmake[2]: *** [dvd_reader.lo] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/graphics/libdvdread/work/libdvdread-0.8.0/dvdread'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/graphics/libdvdread/work/libdvdread-0.8.0'
> gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> I have looked in the libdvdread-0.8.0 directory, and of course
> there is no libtool directory. I created it, and of course get
> a different set of errors, because it is looking for some file
> that i dont have.

> --
> Andrew

Ok, after playing a little bit more, i found out it was trying to
locate 'libtool' itself.

I modified the Makefile in dvdread and src directories, from
LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool
to:
LIBTOOL = /usr/local/bin/libtool

and it compiles fine. I would like to ask that someone else tests
this to see if theres does the same. so far i have tested it on 3
different machines, with 3 different configurations, and get the
same errors on them all.

Thanks for your time

--
Andrew