Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:03:57 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@server.i-clue.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [offtopic] DLT 1 vs. DLT 40/80 tape drive recommendation?

Hi Folks,

apologies for being offtopic, but I didn't know where else to ask.
Pointy hat my direction please.

I plan to switch to DLT for our backup system. I calculated a single
drive with 40G capacity (uncompressed) will suffice. There are DLT 1
drives (e.g. HP SureStore DLT 1e) as well as DLT 40/80 drives (e.g. HP
SureStore 80e). The latter cost more than twice the former. Both claim
to store 40G uncompressed onto the same tape. What's the difference?

Recommendations which device works with dump and tar running FreeBSd
4.2-S?

I plan to utilize Amanda for networked backups, will this work with
FreeBSD 4.2-S ?

Thanks for your patience
-Christoph Sold