Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:35:14 -0700
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB programming, cameras, where to start?

I'm interested in doing some work with USB cameras, the Logitech QuickCam
Pro to begin with. I've just started seeing references to USB related code
in the FreeBSD kernel (I'm running 3.x-STABLE). I've found some man pages
but not all of them (usb(4) seems to be missing). I'm not even sure what I
need to do to get my kernel to recognize the USB port. I have found the
USB lines in the kernel config but I'm not too sure what to turn on.

Anyone want to point me in the direction of a good place to start either
for USB info. in general or FreeBSD specific info?

Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
busily trying to figure out how to get a Players Club card . . .