Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:57:47 -0500
From:      "Gordon Smith" <gordon_s_smith@hotmail.com>
To:        almarrie@gmail.com
Cc:        threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended MySQL 4.1 Installation

Abdullah,

Thanks for the feedback.  The reason (at the moment) is that some of the
application code to be implemented in FBSD uses outer join queries, which
are executed differently under 4.1 and 5.0.

It looks like MySQL changed their outer join implementation for 5.0 to make
it comply with an ANSI standard, so until the app code is changed and
thoroughly tested the DB needs to stay at 4.1... unless someone is aware of
a MySQL switch that will let us toggle between the old and new outer join
behavior (sorry, that question is probably outside the scope of this
list...).

Gordon