Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:45:59 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipmeter under Freebsd ...

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 1999 00:01:48 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > http://www.ipmeter.com/
> >
> > Anyone happen to have gotten a succcesful install of this?  Looks like
> > nice software, but the install procedure (make install) appears to do
> > things that just go against the install instructions :(
>
> I'd be interested in making it work if I thought it'd be useful for me.
> Can it be made to graph for networks, or is it very much a per-host
> thing?

From what I can tell, its purely per-host...I figured out the install
problem (~ipmeter's directory was ipmeter.wheel, instead of
ipmeter.ipmeter), but there are still other slight bugs in it that I'm
trying to play around, and documentation is a little sparse, so once you
get it installed, you pretty much seem to have to stumble around :(

It looks like a nice program, just have to get "around the bugs" one bug
at a time ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org