Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:43:24 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        <jim@lust.geekhouse.net>
Cc:        <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: conspectus for FreeBSD-questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Mock" <jim@lust.geekhouse.net>
To: "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
Cc: <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 5:22 PM

> > > Yes, we are :-)
> > >

> [snip..]
>
> > I am available to start working on this immediately...is there any
> > input that you would like to give me or anything of that nature?  I
> > have been subscribed to freebsd-questions off and on for the last
> > couple of years, and I have been using freebsd since 2.1.5....although
> > I am by no means a complete guru I know a little bit about a lot of
> > different things....my talent is in explaining complicated things in
> > layman's terms.
>
> The only thing I can really suggest is that you take a look at the
> source for what's already there.  If you have a local CVS repository, or
> are comfortable with using anoncvs, you can check it out using:
>
>     cvs co www/en/conspectus
>
> Or you can use CVSup and grab the www stuff.  Take a look at the
> www-supfile in /usr/share/examples/cvsup for more information.
>
> When you have it done, feel free to send it directly to me and I'll
> commit it.  If you have any questions, let me know.
>
> - jim

Ok...I grabbed www/en/conspectus, and I have looked through the doc project
stuff on the freebsd.org website.  I looked over the two conspectus' that
are running, although one hasn't been updated in a while.  I guess what I
need is some policy input.  There are a terrific number of threads in
questions in a day...I am thinking that only issues that are resolved should
be included, and things that get brought up many times (for instance, what's
the largest IDE hard drive 3.4 supports?) should go into the FAQ and be
ignored by the conspectus, but I don't want to step on the toes of the
policy makers.

This looks like it could be fairly time consuming and I don't want to waste
a lot of effort going in the wrong direction.

Josh