Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:22:15 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "arch@" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adding setloginclass(2) and getloginclass(2).

At http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/loginclass.diff, you can find a patch
that adds login class information to the kernel.  The patch does not contain
changes to autogenerated files; to test it, do "make sysent" in sys/kern/
and sys/compat/freebsd32/.

The patch itself doesn't add much user-visible functionality, although
being able to do "ps aux -o class" might be useful.  However, login classes
are a prerequisite for RCTL, aka Resource Containers - system administrator
can use rules such as "loginclass:users:nproc:deny=100/user", to replace
resource limits usually defined in login.conf(5), or use rule such as
"loginclass:users:nproc:deny=100/loginclass", to limit the number of
processes for the whole login class, achieving something similar to SunOS
"projects".

Since this involves adding two new syscalls, I'd like to hear some opinion
about it - it's hard to change these afterwards.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?