Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:35:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        bp@butya.kz (Boris Popov)
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CFR: Sequential mbuf read/write extensions

> 	Before starting import process for smbfs, I would like to
> introduce new API which greatly simplifies process of packaging data into
> mbufs and fetching it back (in fact, similar API already presented in the
> tree, but it is private to the netncp code and it will be really nice to
> share it).

[ ... ]

Please include the ability to determine the length of the current
contents (as a marcro?) so that buffers can be padded, as necessary,
since some hardware and some protocols require this.

Also consider protecting the structure with a mutex, at least in
kernel space (this would make the macro harder to write, which is
why I put it into a parenthetical, question-marjed statement).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.