Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 20:36:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: msdosfs problems?

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Doug White wrote:

> > It's not mpg123.  There were some files that never caused a problem with
> > the same version of mpg123 before.  And besides, x11amp is based on mpg123
> > isn't it?
>
> No.

Hrm.  I thought I saw that x11amp 0.9* was based on mpg123..

> How does xaudio react?

> I don't buy that it's a FS-related difficulty;
> you can play MP3s over NFS without trouble.

Over UFS.  The only NFS related mount I have is via Sharity-Lite (rumba),
over a 33.6 modem.  I already know how that would turn out.

> > That still doesn't explain how it would cause my system to hang.
> > Grr.  Back to CDs it is.
>
> Sound system problem?

No.  The mp3s stored on the UFS partition are fine.  And it's not just
some of the MP3s on the fat partition, it's all of them, which is really
really weird.  I couldn't find xaudio, but amp belched a bit too.  All in
all it's really strange, I'm willing to accept random data corruption
(although, scandisk didn't find any problems with the partition)..

- alex