Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:52:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cheap SCSI controller

Hi

I am looking for a cheap SCSI controller. Tekram and SymBios models look
like what I need. The hardware compatibility list agrees to those.

But in LINT I don't see options for any of those controllers. I remember
having tried a tekram a few months ago with a default kernel from the
tekram ftp site. I managed booting, but the system crashed immediately
when trying a ps or any other command. I was unable to recompile a kernel
with the kernel patches they supplied.

So, my questions are: If things are on the hardware compatibility list and
not in LINT, what does this mean? Can anyone recommend a cheap UW scsi
controller for STABLE?

thx, Tobe