Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:13:54 +0200
From:      Marcus vA <mva121@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   creation of a dynamic pkg-plist

--=.Do60P?mnHvGW(v

Hello,

I hope, I've got the right list for this.

I would like to know how I can create a kind of dynamic pkg-plist, which
depends on some values the user will give to the make target.

So I have a Makefile which will have a value (WITH_SOUND). Depending on
this, a tar-ball with sound snippets should be fetched (or not) and
installed. How can I achieve, that those snippets are deinstalled
correctly if he will later uninstall this port? Can I make a patch-target,
which for example will move the original pkg-plist to pkg-plist_tmp, adds
the necessary files to pkg-plist and, if the user uninstalls the port,
moves pkg-plist_tmp back to pkg-plist? Or is there another guideline which
prohibits this?

I also saw (especially for perl-stuff) %%FOOBAR%% values. Maybe kind of
those can be used, but how I have to specify this then?

Thanks in advance

Marcus

PS: I'm not reading this list permanently, so please set me on the cc.

---
Mr. Cole's Axiom:
The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the
population is growing.

--=.Do60P?mnHvGW(v

--=.Do60P?mnHvGW(v--