Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2000 10:17:51 +0200
From:      Mustafa Deeb <mustafa@palnet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internet Prepaid Card

hi all,

I'm working on building a system that will handle Internet Prepaid Cards
where the user would connect for a certain amount of time and then disconnect
ofcourse this is not implemented in Radius.

after some digging, I was able to control it through Session-Timeout
Attribute in Radius
and some scripts that will decrement the value until it reaches 1, but still
this means I'll have to put an entry for each card in the users file along
with another entry in
master.passwd file,  I don't if radiusd can handle that amount of entries,
and anyways, if my password file
is more than 10k lines, that's not good.

the other approach that I'm looking into is through database,
radiusd is patched to do auth and acct from database, but not read
configuration
I wonder if someone did this before, make radiusd read its configuration
from a database
my aim here is to make radius read the Session-Timeout from a database

or use Oracle Radius Adapter, on and oracle database, but I couldn't find
Session-Timeout in it too.

did somebody did this before?

Best Regards
Mustafa N. Deeb