Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:31:48 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Brian Rudy <berudy@earthlink.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing problems

Brian Rudy <berudy@earthlink.net> types:
> This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
>     I set up my /etc/printcap file and the associated spooling stuff but
> when I print, I get the first line of print, the second line is indented
> and the rest of the print isn't there.  At least I can talk to the
> printer and see it is printing "something" but not what I am looking
> for.  I am not using any filters (which is probably my problem).  Can
> someone help me out in my endeavors?

This is in the FAQ. You need to install a print filter that translates
Unix newlines to DOS carriage-return newlines - or set the printer to
treate newline as a carriage-return newline. If you want to make
handling all kinds of files simple, I recommend the magicfilter port,
as it is a lightweight solution that works well with ascii printers.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.