Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:55:21 GMT
From:      Gerald Schwartz <gschwart@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/122695: Lack of cpufreq control using amd64 eith core2 duo or quad

>Number:         122695
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Lack of cpufreq control using amd64 eith core2 duo or quad
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Until you fix this stupid inability to control cpu freq using the amd64 kern with Intel core2 duo or quad, I will stick with linux which in all flavors i tried can control the cpu freq. This is a glaring omission on your part with the of cpu's now available.
>How-To-Repeat:
Just use a core2 cpu and 64 bit freebsd 7.0