Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:39:10 +0200
From:      "chem@i-p-d.nl" <chem@i-p-d.nl>
To:        Kenn Martin <kmartin@infoteam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limiting telnet-users

> > I have been investigating a way to limit telnet-users to their own home-dir.
> > Problem with chroot is that a lot of dirs would have to be copied to the home-
> > dir, in order for them to work with telnet. We only give telnet-access to users
> > that specifically ask for it, because ftp is to limited. I remember a post from
> > about a year ago, of someone who managed it by setting the permissions of the
> > home-dirs and the dir above at a specific way, i believe in combination with a
> > specific umask. Can't find that posting in the archives, though.

[snip]

> >From 'man bash':

[snip]
>        o      changing directories with cd

I have looked at this, but not being able to cd down to their own directories
is not an option.

I have been thinking about adding the users to a group wwwusers and than chmod-
ing the home-dirs 705 where the group of these homedirs would be wwwusers. When
I got some time I will test this.

chem