Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:59:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/25033: pkg_version -c to support packages?

>Number:         25033
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       pkg_version -c to support packages?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'd like to have an option pkg_version that does install packages from a predefined source as/if/when there are new or updated ones (like Debian apt). pkg_version -c is nice but I consider it to be rather silly to have a dozen servers to do the same work if one could build the package and the others just fetch it by some means.

Very nice would be some support for PGP signatures so you could have the whole process pretty much automated without having to worry that some blackhat installs bad packages on your server...