Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:55:53 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Andrew Sherrod <ixkatl@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: easyboot far into disk

Andrew Sherrod wrote:

> There IS a patch for the disk geometry problem. (Thus
> I have been repeatedly told it is NOT a REAL problem.)

> (Oh, please ignore the one mistake blaming the problem
> on BIOS rather than disk controller. Otherwise, I
> stand behind everything written in the bug reports.)

Great news. However in my case it really was a BIOS problem. Once I
had wiped the disk I tried to install DOS. No go. Next set BIOS to
LBA (from LARGE), no go. Finally set to CHS. Go.

So there were two problems in parallel. FreeBSD did not recognize
the BIOS settings correctly. But also the BIOS seemingly did not
function as advertised even for OS's that did use it.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.