Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:33:24 -0700
From:      John Flickinger <jflick@phenixcable.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot error,"operating system not found"

I have 2.2.6 installed on a PII233, with IDE hard drive (4.3G), and have
win95 as
 the second OS. During bootup, I frequently get a message"Operating
System Not Found".
 Needless to say, my heart skips a beat. I have always been able to get
it to work by turning off the power, then rebooting. I may get the
"Operating System Not Found" message two or three times, then the  usual
F1-F3 message comes up, and I proceed as normal. I am running the boot
manager that came with the Walnut Creek CD, . Any Suggestions? Thanks a
lot.