Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:06:30 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Richard Coleman" <coleman@math.gatech.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Frontpage and/or Firewalls

From: Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu>
> I'm new to this list, so I apologize if there two questions
> arise frequently.
>
> 1. We are trying to get the suexec program and the Frontpage
>    module play nice with each other on a FreeBSD boxy.  Since
>    they are both wrappers, I need to get Apache to pick one or
>    the other to call.  Has anyone done this?  Is it better to
>    hack Apache or suexec?

Since, no-one was answering this question, I might as well. ;)

You need to patch the suexec program, so that when the apache server request
that the fpexe program be executed by the suexec program, the suexec program
skips all directory checks and executes the fpexe program.

Currently, this is how the apache*-fp ports are patched to work with the
suexec program.

To build the suexec program from the apache*-fp port use:

make [configure/build/install] -DSUEXEC [-DHTTPD_USER=<user server runs as>]

Scot