Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 15:41:59 EST
From:      PYatMtVw <PYatMtVw@aol.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Intel DK440LX m/b

Have you done any compatibility test with the new Intel DK440LX motherboard
with Dual Pentium 2 processor?

This motherboard also has an onboard SCSI from Adaptec AIC 7895P, have you
written any drivers for it yet?

Since we didn't have any drivers for the Adaptec AIC 7895P chip, we added an
AHA-2940UW SCSI card to our Seagate 4.3GB drive and installed FreeBSD.  It
installed ok, it found the drive and the installation was successful.
However, the first time you boot FreeBSD you get a Read Error.  Could this be
because the DK440LX uses a Phoenix Bios and not an AMI Bios.

Thanks in Advance,

Patrick