Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:39:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@alkinetworks.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone using a SOYO KT600 Dragon motherboard?

Hi all -
        Looking at building a new system and was wondering if anyone is
using one of the SOYO KT600 Dragon motherboards (either the plus or ultra
platinum)?

http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=257
http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=256

I've searched, but haven't found these specific models.  Their site says
it's supported under FreeBSD, but I'd like someone to confirm that :-)
I'll be emailing SOYO as well, but figured I'd get this out there in case
they take awhile to respond.

I'm most interested in knowing if the audio/lan is supported.

Both boards use the VIA KT600 / 8237 chipset.

The ultra uses CMI 8738 for audio which is listed on freebsd.org as
supported.

The plus uses VIA 1616 which isn't listed, but Via VT82C686A is... but I
can't find any info on that latter chip on Via's site.

I also can't find any information on beyond "VIA MAC 10/100 Ethernet" for
the VIA KT600.

Any info/stories on this board would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-philip