Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2011 05:07:08 +0300
From:      "Leong, Jason (NSN - MY/Kuala Lumpur)" <jason.leong@nsn.com>
To:        "ext Marius Strobl" <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
Cc:        "Saw, Jason \(NSN - MY/Kuala Lumpur\)" <jason.saw@nsn.com>, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: "short disk read" error during boot on Sparc SunFire v215

Hi Marius,

Agreed, sorry but forgot to mention i did manage to install Debian and
Solaris on this box via the cdrom media! Anyway, great news! I was able
to boot iso9660 via sdb1, tweaking the boot device at OBP allowed me to
kickoff the installation...

{1} ok boot disk1:f
Boot device /pci@1e,600000/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@1/disk@1,0:f
File and args:

>> FreeBSD.sparc64 boot block
   Boot path: /pci@1e,600000/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@1/disk@1,0:f

   Boot loader: /boot/loader
Consoles: Open firmware console

 One problem after another, i found out it starts re-cycling after the
booloader kick in, problems with framebuffer or maybe an unsupported
graphics card! This i manage to find online to redirect input and output
to LOM's remote keyboard and screen from obp! Now I'm able to view
sysinstall via my network management port! First time for me :) Well,
keeping my fingers cross as I've yet to successfully install FreeBSD
yet! Thanks again Marius, i agree that a netboot would solve all my
problems and maybe it's something I'd play with as a next project! :)

Warmest regards,=20
Jason Leong
Subscriber Data Management, Converged Core
Nokia Siemens Networks