Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2018 00:16:23 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        Lars Schotte <lars@gustik.eu>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OpenVPN produces garbage on TAP on -current

[resending from a subscribed list address]

Am 05.08.2018 um 22:51 schrieb Lars Schotte:
> Here a bit of paste:
> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/Hn4M2JqZ~5xccLWOVD1xUw/raw
> just to illustrate how it does not work.
>
> TAP device works good inside OS (FreeBSD current) however, everything
> that comes over OpenVPN is just garbage.

[removed -CURRENT]

Hi Lars,

thanks for letting everyone know there's trouble with OpenVPN on
-CURRENT.  Is there any information as to whether tap works in FreeBSD
11.2?  I am not using tap (only tun) so I don't know if this is an
interface change or regression between FreeBSD 11 and 12, or a genuine
bug in OpenVPN -- we'd need to establish that first, and make sure that
the bridging code involved is also working properly.

Are you using:
- fastforwarding?
- mbedtls or OpenSSL?

Until this all is done it's rather pointless to talk about the port.

Best regards,

--
Matthias Andree