Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:19:49 -0400
From:      "Barrett, Randall" <Randall.Barrett@icn.siemens.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   installing freebsd on Toshiba laptop

I've used Linux for years and would like to give FreeBSD a try as I've heard
many good things about it.  I saw nothing on the FreeBSD web page about
laptop support.  I have a Toshiba PII 266 Satellite Pro that currently has
RH6.0 running very well.  Is it possible to install FreeBSD on this PC (I
will remove, at least temporarily, RH completely from my system and start
from scratch...it's much easier this way)?

Other concerns:  if BSD can be installed on my laptop, is there pcmcia
support?

Thanks,

Randy