Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:57:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris <beantaxi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! Syntax error in rc.conf has made my entire filesystem read only!!!!!!

I was making some changes to rc.conf, and I introduced a syntax error (I forgot to close quotes on
my ed0= line, configuring my NIC). It'd be easy to fix, but I can't make any changes whatsover to
any file -- everything I try gets me "Read-Only file system". Also, during boot time it makes me
enter the path to my shell (bash), and I can't ever logout - every attempt makes me reenter the
shell. (I guess rc.conf is getting run out logout time too and it's failing in the same place).

Has anyone seen this? What do I do???? I just have to make one tiny change to rc.conf and I'm all
set . . . but how????

Thanks,
Chris