Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 01:01:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        alex@nac.net
Cc:        freebsd-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Chris Parry <laotzu@juniper.net>, Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Subject:   RE: DPT support binaries - How to Setup

On 21-Jun-98 alex@nac.net wrote:

> Search the archives; there are about 10 instances of this in the past 2
> months.

READ the archives.
> It is when the array is in degraded mode, and you try to boot.

No, it is not. It is when the array is in DEAD/Rebuilding mode, and then
only with firmware 7mo, which was never certified by me and was alerted
against.

>> > Usually kernel panic on bootup, but thats irrelevant.
>>
>>   Of course, thats just you.  I don't see this at all, and I've tried
>> the fail/rebuild procedure many times.

Please either read the code, provide exact kernel dumps to document the
point of failure, or stop this nonsense.

I have said and demonstrated many times before;  I am willing and eager to
help those who want to be helped.  I have neither the time nor the desire
to dive into undocumented wild geese chase, nor this verbal sparring you
enjoy so much.  If you know of a better RAID solotion, post it here.  If
you want to write a better DPT driver, please do.

Simon