Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:35:37 -0300
From:      luizbcampos@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade SOS

       Dear Sirs

       After I had cvsuped FreeBSD-6.1-R amd64 I tried to portupgrade it but
I got the following mssg:
cd: can't cd to  /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
cd: can't cd to  /usr/ports/net/openldap22-client
cd: can't cd to  /usr/ports/x11/xorg-manpages
---------->Upgrading 'gsfonts-8.11_2 to gsfonts-8.11_4' (print gsfonts)
---------->Building '/usr/ports/print/gsfonts'
On FreeBSD before 6.2 ports system unfortunately can not set default X11BASE
by itself so please help it a bit by setting X11BASE=$(LOCALBASE) in
make.conf. On the other hand, if you do wish to use non-default X11BASE,
please set variables USE_NONDEFAULT_X11BASE.
***Error code 1

>> Such message repeats to many other packages to be upgraded. I tried to
add the said parameters on the message in  /etc/make.conf  but the error
lingers on