Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Larry McVoy's slides on cache coherent clusters

Not "overly impressed" is not quite accurate..

"not sure that it was relevant to us" is more to the point

He was against making the system scale to N processors where N is a large
number, stating that if corrupted the system too much to have
such fine grained locking, and that such large-scale
MP situations should be achieved with clusters of "Small-N"
machines, connected together by higher level constructs.

I did take some mental notes from the meeting.
e.g. "make sure we don't make our kernel TOO fine grained.