Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 11:14:59 -0700
From:      "John P. Campbell" <jcampbell@intacct.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   giconv

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

I have a number of ports that are causing problems because of the iconv/gic=
onv
issue.  I have read the archives but not found a definitive answer as to wh=
at
to do.  This is the most recent output from the icewm-gnome port (below).

The only iconv I have installed is libiconv-1.7_4.  I update my ports night=
ly,
so I usually have access to the latest and greatest.

Is there something I can do to get past these issues?

jpc

checking giconv.h usability... no
checking giconv.h presence... no
checking for giconv.h... no
configure: error: I18N support has been requested but giconv.h wasn=B4t fou=
nd.
*** Check your installation. Upgrade your C library or install GNU libiconv
*** available at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv/.
=3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to nakai@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
      the "/usr/ports/x11-wm/icewm/work/icewm-1.0.9/config.log" including t=
he
      output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good =
idea
      to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g.=
 an
      `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/icewm.
** Command failed: make
** Fix the problem and try again.
** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped / !:fai=
led)
        ! x11-wm/icewm (icewm-gnome-1.0.9_2)    (configure error)

--=20
John P. Campbell
Intacct Corporation
408-395-0961

public key available at www.keyserver.net
Key fingerprint =3D 5FA6 FE30 CE8B 3EE2 63F7  3833 364A 7DA1 3A6B 656A

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB--