Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 22:58:02 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <tg@melaten.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Legal Comprehension (was: Re: ksh ?)

(moved to -chat)
Thomas Gellekum writes:
> Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:
>
> > http://www.research.att.com/sw/license/ast-open.html
> >
> > I've seen the license, it is pretty complicated but I don't think
> > we won't be able to comply.  (How's that for a double negative.)
>
>     1. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS
>
>     1. You represent and warrant that:
>
> [...]
>     b. You have read and fully understand this Agreement in its entirety;
>
> This will take me some time...

If I was Dictator Of The World I'd leave the President and Congress to
do the dirty work but the first Order I'd impose would be, "You can
pass no new law unless the President can score 70% on an exam based on
that law." The simple idea being if a professional lawmaker doesn't
understand 70% of the new law then there is no hope of a citizen ever
understanding well enough to comply.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net