Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 00:50:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Allen Cockrum <n9842643@cc.wwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freebsd/WinNT question..

Hi, I currently run a dual OS PC with boath Windows95 and FreeBSD
3.2 on the hard drive.  I want to upgrade Win95 to WinNT
Workstation using the system CD.  I'm mostly going to use this
partition for the copy of C++ 6.0 I just got, though I do run a
few games like Quake II on my FAT partition.  I was wondering if
any of you could answer me a couple of questions:

Will FreeBSD 3.2 be able to read NTFS partitions?
How hard is it to move over all my files in FAT to NTFS?
How hard is it to maintain a FAT file system in WinNT?
Is it worthwile to keep a MS-DOS/FAT file system to run some
applications?
What programs (generally) from Win95 won't run under WinNT?
If I do a backup using the Backup utility in Win95, will I still
be able to restore in WinNT?

Any thoughts or comments on the above would be appreciated...

-Mark Cockrum