Date:      Fri, 22 Jul 2011 07:22:20 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>
To:        Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to sync a file on FreeBSD?

If you used fsync it should write to permanent storage immediately,
and it's no longer the OS' problem. If it's not flushing immediately,
maybe the mystery is at the filesystem level or even hardware, both of
which you didn't provide. When you say 'users' are they looking at the
file via NFS or HTTP? if the latter they could be seeing a cached copy
(proxy, browser, etc.).