Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2014 05:49:34 -0600
From:      LuKreme <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update wants to update to version I'm running

Jan 11 01:45:47 UTC 2014     root@amd64-builde
>> r.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>>  # freebsd-update -r 9.0-RELEASE fetch
>> Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
>> Fetching metadata signature for 8.4-RELEASE from =
update2.freebsd.org... done.
>> Fetching metadata index... done.
>> Inspecting system... done.
>> Preparing to download files... done.
>>=20
>> The following files will be updated as part of updating to =
8.4-RELEASE-p7:
>> ^C
>>=20
>> I get the same when I try without a -r setting as well.
>=20
> The -r flag only applies to the 'upgrade' command.

Ah, ok.

What does fetch do then? It seems odd that it would fetch files for the =
current version you already have installed, doesn=92t it?

=93Fetches updates from server=94 is indicating what updates?

--=20
Wherever the worm turns, he is still a worm.