Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:54:30 +0300
From:      "Ventsislav Velkov" <veno@evrocom.net>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fw: problem updating from 4.7 Stable do 5.0 Current

Does anybody have an idea ?

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Ventsislav Velkov=20
To: freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG=20
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 2:15 PM
Subject: problem updating from 4.7 Stable do 5.0 Current

Hello all,

I have a problem updating one of our servers from 4.7Stable to =
5.0Current.
It is a Compaq Proliant 7000 Server with 4 Xeons @500Mhz with 2MB L2 =
cache each.
I has a 4200 Compaq Smart Raid Controler with attached 3 U1 Storages.=20
I update the src rebuild the world from updated src to 5.0Current, build =
a GENERIC kernel and installed it.
But after I boot it brokes up during the booting process with the =
following error:

//strip

Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode cpuid=3D0; lapic.id=3D =
01000000
fault virtual address =3D 0x54
fault code =3D supervisor read, page not present
process eflags =3D interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=3D0
current process =3D 4(g_down)
kernel: type12trap, code=3D0
Stopped at ida_construct_qcb+0xe3: movzbl 0x54(%eax),%eax

//strip

It may have some punctual mistakes because it is not a copy/paste.

Will appreciate any advices where could be the problem.

Best regards,

Veno