Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 09:32:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        Licia <licia@o-o.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Is there a reseller program?

On 02-Feb-99 My Secret Spies Reported That Licia  wrote:

> Does anyone know if Walnut Creek has a reseller program for FreeBSD
> merchandise?  I'm going to try to convince some local stores to carry
> FreeBSD (they carry Linux, so maybe they'll listen? :) ) and it would be
> very handy if I could point them to some nice, clear, documentation on
> what is available to them and what they'd have to do themselves.

The frist thing we need to do is to convince them to offer a "boxed" product
like the Linux people do. It has become a staple of software these days. Just
having disks or Disks in the back of the book makes still look like Linux did
6 years ago and even then I seem to remember boxed sets of Linux being around.

 Microsucks doesn't win by having a better OS, just by telling everyone it does
and by making it Appear to be cool.

 We still "look like" the underdog, so that is were we may stay in the press
until that changes.

  Nicole

          nicole@nmhtech.com | http://www.webweaver.net/
webmistress@dangermouse.org  | http://www.dangermouse.org