Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:46:17 -0600
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
Subject:   Re: Absolute FreeBSD

On Dec 14, 2007, at 1:12 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:
> For the record . . . title changes for new editions like that annoy me.
> It can make it pretty difficult at times trying to determine whether or
> not I'm about to buy a duplicate.  The switch from Learning Perl
> Objects,
> References, and Modules to Intermediate Perl was another example of
> that
> sort of annoyance.

Perhaps you should look in /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/pod, which from
my experience, has been better than any book I've ever seen for perl.
Try running `perldoc perlintro` and `perldoc perllol`.  With exceptions
such as "old standard" languages, most free documentation that comes
with the interpreter/compiler tends to be better than any book.  A
print out of perl's documentation would be far more valuable than
almost any perl book on the market.

Although I haven't looked much into any FreeBSD book, I wouldn't be
surprised at all if FreeBSD's documentation combined with
freebsd-questions would outweigh it.