Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:03:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Kip Macy <kmacy@hiss.cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: PAO source integration

On 19-Nov-98 Kip Macy wrote:
> Sorry to bother you - I posted this question to comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
> without any response. Why has the pcmcia support from PAO not been
> integrated into FreeBSD proper? Thanks.
>                                         -Kip

> Kip Macy                               kmacy@cs.berkeley.edu
> University of California, Berkeley     W: (510) 643-8229
> 441 Soda Hall                        http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~kmacy
> BRASS Group

Kip,

Are you speaking of any card in particular?  I've been running FreeBSD on my
laptop for quite a while, using my modem and ethernet cards.  Not everything
from PAO has been incorporated, but the vast majority has.

The only thing I can think of that I want from PAO that FreeBSD 2.2.7 doesn't
have is a software power off.  PAO, IIRC, had an extra option to power off the
laptop when you shutdown (shutdown -z?).

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9