Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:36:13 +0200
From:      Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   battery state

For a while now "acpiconf -i0" always shows the battery state that
was correct when booting the system. It's never updated.

It's not bothersome as long as I'm plugged in, but when I take my
system out to the test track it's risky to sail blind. I only have
a couple of seconds to shut down before the power runs out entirely
when the power LED starts blinking.

What am I running:
FreeBSD mobileKamikaze.norad 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #1: Sat Jun 16 11:09:48 CEST 2012     root@mobileKamikaze.norad:/usr/obj/HP6510b-9/amd64/usr/src/sys/HP6510b-9  amd64

Hardware:
hw.model: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7700  @ 2.40GHz
This is an ICH8 based HP6510b.

> kldstat -v|grep acpi
		31 acpi/acpi_cmbat
		46 acpi/acpi_timer
		45 cpu/acpi_throttle
		44 acpi/acpi_tz
		37 pcib/acpi_pci
		33 acpi/acpi_ec
		43 acpi/acpi_smbat
		42 acpi/acpi_sysresource
		36 acpi/acpi_lid
		35 acpi/acpi_isab
		285 acpi/atdma
		282 acpi/attimer
		280 acpi/atrtc
		30 acpi/acpi_button
		138 acpi/ppc
		265 acpi/psmcpnp
		263 acpi/atkbdc
		255 acpi/fpupnp
		254 root/nexus_acpi
		41 cpu/acpi_perf
		34 acpi/hpet
		40 pci/acpi_pcib
		39 acpi/acpi_pcib
		32 acpi/cpu
		154 acpi/uart
		28 nexus/acpi
		29 acpi/acpi_acad
		38 acpi/acpi_pci_link
15    1 0xffffffff80eea000 62f0     acpi_hp.ko (/boot/kernel/acpi_hp.ko)
		15 acpi_wmi/acpi_hp
16    2 0xffffffff80ef1000 5da0     acpi_wmi.ko (/boot/kernel/acpi_wmi.ko)
		14 acpi/acpi_wmi